QTI’s Hydroguard QTIP68 Series of parts combines a highly stable precision thermistor encapsulated with an extremely durable water proof housing. The probe is ideal for HVAC/R applications. The temperature sensor offers excellent performance during harsh freeze/thaw cycles. QTIP68 overmolded probes are a great solution where moisture resistance is critical to corrosion prevention.
• Operating temperature range: -40˚C to 110˚C
• Storage temperature range: -55˚C to 125˚C
• Material: molded thermoplastic elastomer
• Optional mounting clips available in a variety of sizes
• Typical wire size: #24 AWG
• Color-coded wire jacket available
• Meets or exceeds IP68 moisture resistance rating
• RoHS compliant options available
White paper: QTI Engineering put QTIP68 sensors to the test in a refrigeration environment consisting of repeated cool and defrost cycles, and recorded the performance characteristics over time. They also tested a competitor's IP68-rated sensor, and documented probe response times. Read the white paper here.
White paper: Thermal shock is one of the primary sources of failure in HVAC/R environments. QTI Engineering has performed extensive thermal shock testing on this sensor using an automated HALT system. Find test details and results in this white paper.
Catalog: Find out more about QTI's line of sensors for HVAC and Refrigeration.
Handout: Download the QTIP68 handout.